First Marianne Faithfull compilation since 2001's 'An Introduction to...' and the first to contain rare and unreleased material since the Island Anthology 'A Perfect Stranger' in 1998.
Containing 4 previously unreleased recordings including 1 completely unheard song. This compilation offers a definitive overview of the first 30 years of Marianne's recording career on the Decca and Island labels, and features versions of all of her notable singles including the original issue of her final Decca 7-inch 'Something Better'/'Sister Morphine' featuring alternate takes unavailable since 1969.
The title 'Songs of Innocence and Experience' acknowledges the change in vocal style between Marianne's orchestral folk-pop of her '60s career with her high pure voice and her new wave punk influenced comeback at the end of the '70s with Broken English featuring her trademark fractured vocals.
01. Come And Stay With Me
02. Come My Way (Version 2)
03. This Little Bird
04. Yesterday (Live On The BBC)
05. Sunny Goodge Street (Previously Unreleased)
06. Sally Free And Easy
07. The First Time (Ever I Saw Your Face) [Faithful Forever Version]
08. Hier Ou Demain (From The Film 'anna')
09. Young Girl Blues
10. Is This What I Get For Loving You?
11. Something Better (Original 7" Version)
12. Sister Morphine (Original 7" Version)
13. It's All Over Now Baby Blue
14. The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan
15. What's The Hurry
01. Broken English (1980 7" Remix Version)
02. Why D'ya Do It (12" Version)
03. Over Here (No Time For Justice)
04. Truth Bitter Truth (7" Version)
05. Falling From Grace
06. Running For Our Lives (7" Version)
07. As Tears Go By
08. I'm In Love Again
09. The Calm Before The Storm
10. When I Find My Life
11. Brain Drain
12. The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
13. The Stars Line Up
|Se alt av||Marianne Faithfull|